Green Mass Group Posting Policy
Green Mass Group exists in part because the political discourse has been so badly damaged by manipulative forces who gain by divide-and-conquer techniques. We want to honor everyone's contribution to the political conversation, so we ask that you avoid personal insult, and treat each other with respect. The internet represents a wonderfully democratizing technology, but it has also emboldened people to behave anti-socially. Our basic goal is to create an online community (ie, create a pleasurable and nurturing environment for our readers) for Green dialogue in Massachusetts. Please follow these basic rules:
- Users can post on a wide variety of topics with a wide variety of styles.
- All posts will be publicly available through a "Recent Diaries" sidebox.
- GMG editors can promote to the front page any post they deem worthy of promotion.
- GMG editors can remove any post from the site that violates GMG editorial policy.
- GMG editors can delete any user account from the site who has violated GMG editorial policy repeatedly.
- Re-posting of copyrighted material will be removed from the site upon request by the copyright holder. Please seek permission where possible. Please attribute quotes and provide links to original sources.
- GMG editors can remove suspicious or fraudulent links at their discretion.
- Users are encouraged to provide background information about themselves in their profiles.
- GMG will never disclose identifying information, including your contact information, without your permission.
- Users must disclose information about any vested interest in the content of their posts.
- Users may not post external links for commercial/business purposes.
- All registered users can comment on any post. There will be no anonymous comments.
- All registered users can participate in online polls.
- Treat others as you would want to be treated, or at least as you would treat them if you were talking to them face-to-face
- Hate speech will not be tolerated
- Users will be warned for disrespectful posts, comments, and trolling and may lose their account after repeat offenses.
- Our posting policy may change at any time